Friday, May 22, 2015

Money for her daughter...

I often feel nostalgic for the first area where I lived when I immigrated here.
I recently found out that A store I thought was closed forever had actually moved to a different location.
So I decided to go to that store and see if they had something I wanted.
I was ready to go to the register and pay for my things when a loud "excuse me!" made me turn around. A woman approached me and told me a story of how she had an argument with her brother and she had to leave the house and she left her purse at the house...
Then she said she needed to buy medicine for her sick daughter who had asthma.
I admit that she fooled me. But it was only because I showed a genuine desire to help someone in need. 
It was something she said...that made me realize she's lying. She mentioned that she is wearing a brand name sunglasses...and that she's not a poor person.
It was too late when it all came back to me... I had already given her $30.
Had I realized that earlier... I would have just blown her off.

No comments:

Post a Comment